Re: [hatari-devel] Access to physical disks

On Dienstag, 1. Januar 2019 18:00:12 CET Cyril Lambin wrote:
> 1/ The UI doesn't allow to select a physical drive

I didn't try yet, but maybe you can work around this by using a symbolic link
to your device.

>It doesn't work on Windows (too bad since my main computer is a W10 machine
so I need another computer just to make that transfer)

Maybe same there, assuming you have cygwin installed, and your filesystem is
NTFS. If you add a line "CYGWIN=winsymlinks:nativestrict" in your script that
starts the shell, you can create symlinks there, too. Device names on Window
are then something like //?/PhysicalDrive2

>On Linux Hatari must be executed as root

You can work around that by creating e.g. a group "disk", add yourself to that
group, then add a file to /etc/udev/rules.d which sets the mode+owner of that
device.