Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support

Am Sat, 29 Dec 2018 07:50:52 +0100
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Fri, 28 Dec 2018 23:10:40 +0200
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I've tried the Hatari SCC-B support a bit when testing EmuTOS
> > serial output support.
> >
> > Some comments:
> > * SCC-B doesn't have separate files for input and output like
> >    normal MFP serial does (in case they're unidirectional pipes)
> > * Unlike MFP serial, SCC serial doesn't create the output file,
> >    instead it fails if it doesn't already exist
>
> Well, yes, that code from Aranym was only meant to be used with
> real /dev/ttyS* devices, not with normal files or pipes. I only added
> some hack so far that it is possible to open normal files for output,
> so it is usable with the "make test" regression tester, too...
> But I agree with you, this should eventually become similar
> to --rs232-out/in and --midi-out/in, too. I'll see what I can do...

While trying to implement separate options for SCC input and output, I
had to discover that SCC input is not working at all yet (at least it
does not work in the terminal program "Rufus"). Not sure what is
missing here yet, maybe the emulation of interrupts? Anyway, I don't
have time to work on the SCC in the upcoming weeks, so I limited the
emulation to output only now (with the "--scc-b-out" parameter). If
anybody feels like implementing input or channel A support, feel free
to do so - I won't touch this code in the upcoming month anymore, I
think.