Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS bug: 5.10.2 Tgetdate off by one day, 5.10.3 Tgettime reports wrong time

Am Tue, 25 Dec 2018 11:38:31 +0100
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2018 11:24:30 CET Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > I guess having a TOS patch, similar to fast boot or patching Timer
> > D,
>
> An easier way might be to just modify IKBD_Cmd_SetClock. If EmuTOS is
> detected, and the date/time is the one from the ROM header, just
> replace it with the hosts time.

Forcing the IKBD to the current date is unfortunately also not a real
option: There are some old games that do not work anymore if the
IKBD clock does not behave like the one of a real non-RTC ST. IIRC, the
game "Zombi" does not work right in that case, for example.

So the answer is simple: Keep everything as it currently is. If you want
to run with the current real date, then use a machine with an RTC chip
(i.e. everything but a plain ST or STE).