Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS bug: 5.10.2 Tgetdate off by one day, 5.10.3 Tgettime reports wrong time

Thorsten Otto schrieb:

> On Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2018 11:24:30 CET Miro Kropáček wrote:
>> I guess having a TOS patch, similar to fast boot or patching Timer D,
>
> An easier way might be to just modify IKBD_Cmd_SetClock. If EmuTOS is
> detected, and the date/time is the one from the ROM header, just replace it
> with the hosts time. Does anybody know how TOS 1.x behaves there? Does it set
> the IKBD clock at all?

TOS 1 will at least set the IKBD clock when you call XBIOS Settime or
GEMDOS Tsetdate/Tsettime  (iirc, except for TOS 1.00). I'm not sure if
that clock is also initialized at boot.
But note that Atari TOS cannot correctly read back years greater than
1999 from the IKBD. (EmuTOS can, of course.) So using the IKBD to keep
the local time is not easily possible. Instead, you can either intercept
XBIOS and/or GEMDOS calls or you can emulate a RTC -- which is what
Hatari already does.

Regards
Christian
--