Re: [hatari-devel] MEMWATCH freezes Hatari

Le 13/10/2018 à 10:57, Uwe Seimet a écrit :
Hi,

yes, I'm sure it didn't crash, but it was some very simple programs that
I tested. Just going supervisor and printing the content of a few HW
registers.

The original issue on my system was not a crash but an endless loop when
starting any program after MEMWATCH.
Anyway, things appear to have improved, but testing is tricky.

Note that for even more log, you can change these lines in cpumm030.c

Not even more output, please ;-). I tried to log the issue with Tempus
Word, but gave up when the logs reached about 20 GB and Tempus Word was
still loading from the emulated floppy.

Myabe it would be better to track the issue with pure debugger, it's likely that the code is easier to follow, especially if there's a double bus error, this is often very close to the cause of the exception.

You can try to start without any tt ram, then do a memory snapshot just before running pure debugger, then restart hatari with the memory snapshot + traces enabled.