|[hatari-devel] New drive image settings|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [hatari-devel] New drive image settings
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 09:12:43 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1538896363; s=strato-dkim-0002; d=seimet.de; h=Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date:X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH:From: Subject:Sender; bh=LW8D8mY9i8ozy3tt8tcLmL5Dy47JJ9GoU9yff/zj+9E=; b=rNa/R3zojfWMZpn84D/N37JQiUn6wA9CE8QzQ804e1sWM9SbYZOM5D49VdW4eOt/ua QawqqiUf3N5PyY4dCCe/NNNuEn8djtjbeCM7/UHigfpUpCOn8zyuQEdXeade250qadrv y7w2W1W9G2OPPcDT+irZDFs7VDZuH1VZ3yF5Rk3c73+JNqmPhv7+sm3ZI1JBk1Onv1H2 ZLUoO24b3v8pUQgi8dwY8Re7tYcKNLErtkGwxaq4H3RAU/iEqxaRQm3DmBwWiJLRR1ZD m5CRlMoBRp2H7mRkPmYda1a7xegtA6kPsyOdpSYbWWbP1IeoRB+0HapgeQVrRowde7+x 2gVQ==
I have some questions regarding the new drive image settings.
1. SCSI is limited to device IDs 0-6, even though ID 7 is valid. In
practice, as long as none of the connected drives requires the computer
to support initiator identification, one can connect 8 drives to Atari
SCSI. Even with active initiator identification the computer must not have
ID 7, even though this is the usual setting. But a different assignment is
legal, and in such a case ID 7 can be used by a peripheral.
2. Rather exotic: What about supporting 4 IDE ports, i.e. 8 devices? There
is (or at least was) hardware for the Atari supporting this:
http://www.atarikit.co.uk/ide/ide.html. Alan confirmed (I assume he tested
it) that you can stack this hardware to get more ports, which can then
be used with HDDRIVER, where 4 ports are supported.
3. Thomas, some time ago you mentioned problems with the Falcon SCSI
emulation. Were you able to resolve them?