Re: [hatari-devel] VBR as a breakpoint condition

On Freitag, 7. September 2018 07:25:45 CEST Miro Kropáček wrote:
> and for C compiled programs you'd need a compiler which doesn't use an
> assembler as the last step to make this happen (otherwise that assembler
> would complain too). So I think we are safe. :)

Actually, my previous statement wasn't quite right. In a compiler that
produces elf, you *could* have such a label, that's why you always should use
"%" as register prefix. In output generated for our target, that won't happen
since the compiler adds an underscore to the  user label name.

To make it safe, you could use a similar technique when looking up symbols:
search for a debug symbol first, unless the name to search for is prefixed by
a "%". That way, you can always get the correct behaviour, even if there are
conflicting symbols. Another possibility would be to check the names when
name.