|Re: [hatari-devel] VBR as a breakpoint condition|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] VBR as a breakpoint condition
- From: Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 07:25:45 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=yo/W96yyjgMsigyPYP2/MzbLU36EAsyD/MYBSjIvfwg=; b=cQI3Gy4SyJvQZr1qedXtxtGgJji3kvcOrK8jM9qijArqXo5ZTMwtpaM2e9diALt7Ka QJ7C/kPcXtVxFSrtUeY0+pHUDsrre8kVG/btCJ7jeI0TSFn6oP1YfamcDoB9n6KIDFWV E6VMPKSsgr1yy0mMIh1ksSI5kngdEjGmiPgkfuPa9eanjPdKTpSo8HdfAjs26AxwmHfP 5J9NUxusc/2jkQz5U4baX3csLctBPEVl6YJrW97H/eQvU0MGmjkB2rpEJBpeZkygUJiS WuZ0B3WxIqN+Dr/YxU2N4ngMpNbqEIQPTm6cFeZftx+/Tzk0ApyP3s1qZtYtym2taizT tReQ==
Please try the attached patch.
Assuming VBR, and rest of the special regs I added, don't
need any special access functions (like SR & PC need),
they "should" work fine with just that.
And they do! Thank you very much.
Only downside to adding new regs to debugger is if their
names would conflict with some program debug symbols,
because register names take always precedence over debug
symbols in the Hatari debugger.
As Thorsten said, for normal asm programs this doesn't matter (you couldn't use such label) and for C compiled programs you'd need a compiler which doesn't use an assembler as the last step to make this happen (otherwise that assembler would complain too). So I think we are safe. :)