Re: [hatari-devel] Fix DSP's rol/ror instructinos

Le 02/08/2018 à 14:31, Mariusz Buras a écrit :
Well the sound player I wrote works more like MP2 decoder: streams data in over SSI and plays back over SSI. 030 is not really involved and there are no synchronisation points in the code. Once DMA is started on 030 side it should tick along nicely.

The other thing is that I was never able to get MP2 playback work in any demo with hatari. Could this be down to my laptop being to slow? (it's i7-3820QM).

Could be ; as a comparison, do you get correct sound with the demo '030' by DML ? In all the parts, even those using the DSP ?

When DSP is enabled and run some program, performance will get impacted due to the high number of instructions per second to emulate.

In Hatari's UI for CPU settings, you can try to untick "prefetch" mode and "cycle exact" mode, this should use less ressources.