Re: [hatari-devel] IPF error messages

On Samstag, 28. Juli 2018 15:27:15 CEST Toni Wilen wrote:
> What does these do:

 I have no idea ;) The first part is UAE specific code, Aranym does not do any
cycle counting.

The 2nd (for aranym) just tests whether regs.specflags has been set (which
happens eg. when some interrupt needs to be processed).

>I moved fastest possible mode CPU emulation completely to separate
>thread

Hm, not sure whether that works. Not only are there lots of places where
global variables are read/written non-atomically, but most importantly signals
might be delivered to the wrong thread (eg. SIGSEGV is only installed once at
program start, but needs then to be processed by the jit thread).

Also i don't think that this will achieve much. When the jit thread is
executing, the main thread can't do much, and will just have to wait for it to
finish executing the current block.