Re: [hatari-devel] Basic cpu testsuite

On Sonntag, 3. Juni 2018 18:09:39 CEST Thomas Huth wrote:

>However, after having a closer look at that "move SR" stuff, I think
>that's already too much for the minimalistic fake-TOS.

It is currently used in one place only. It could be greatly simplified when it
is ensured that this is the only place; all the address decoding logic could
be removed then.

> 1) We could simply run such code in supervisor mode.

I did not want to rely on this, since the programs should also be runnable on
real hardware, where you would have to explicitly switch to Supervisor mode
first, and that Super() call would then be rejected by hatari's tos-less mode.
Also, i currently run the tests on Aranym too, which does not have a tos-less
mode (yet). Actually, i don't want to rely on any Atari specifics there, since
i'm currently also cross-compiling them for amiga, running the binaries in
WINUAE ;)

>We could set the _longframe (0x59e) system variable

Same problem. You would need to query the system variable, which would require
Supervisor mode. Or implement MiNT's Ssystem() call in the gemdos emulation.

However, there are some infos that might be interesting when running the
tests, namely
- the cpu type emulated (for things like the FPCR handling that was recently
changed) and other minor differences in the emulated CPUs, so the tests do not
generate false reports
- whether JIT is enabled (not Hatari maybe)
- whether FPU is enabled, so those tests could just be skipped
-maybe whether accurate softfloat emulation is in effect, so that minor
differences in the results can be silently accepted.