Re: [hatari-devel] Native feature proposal

On 05/02/2018 11:28 AM, tin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
That said: since I should write tests for whatever NatFeats get accepted, I would like to add an "examples" package in C and ASM to show users its usage (and greatness) and give them some code wrappers to use in their own projects. Do any of you see any chance to provide sth like this included into the release packages?

NF api test-code already has the required base ASM to do NF calls.
If you want to add similar example code for some assembler that
isn't supported by current assembly examples, I don't see any
problem in adding that.

And if certain NF api is implemented by Hatari, there *should* be
minimal(!), documented C test-code for it.

However, more extended examples are probably better distributed
separately, regardless how how nicely they demonstrate Hatari
usefulness.

(This is e.g. the case with NF_SCSIDRV, example on use of that
is the driver provided by Uwe on his own site.)

Nicolas, Laurent, Thomas, any comments on this?