Re: [hatari-devel] VDI resolution limits

Am Tue, 1 May 2018 01:17:56 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 04/30/2018 07:25 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Mon, 30 Apr 2018 01:33:30 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> TOS v1.04 works fine for me, e.g. in 960x608@4 and 1920x1200@1
> >> resolutions which are nearly 300kB.
> >
> > AFAIK the problem with the mouse drawing routine only exists in TOS
> > 1.00 and 1.02.
>
> For TOS v1.00 we seem to be disabling VDI mode.

Yes, IIRC it's not only the mouse but also many other VDI drawing
functions that have problems with screen sizes > 32 kiB in TOS 1.00.

> > And for 1.02 we've got a TOS patch (see pMouseOpcode in tos.c).
>
> Could you add a comment telling that this TOS patch is for
> VDI emulation?

Ok, I added the keyword "VDI" to the description there now, I hope it's
more clear that way.