Re: [hatari-devel] VDI resolution limits

On 04/30/2018 07:25 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Mon, 30 Apr 2018 01:33:30 +0300
On 04/29/2018 05:57 PM, Thorsten Otto wrote:
If you have contrary test-data for different VDI bit-depths from:
- multiple TOS versions (1.04, 2.06, 3.06 and latest EmuTOS),

Tos 1.04 may not work with screen sizes larger than 32KB. Without
patches, at least the mouse drawing routines have problems then
IIRC.

TOS v1.04 works fine for me, e.g. in 960x608@4 and 1920x1200@1
resolutions which are nearly 300kB.

AFAIK the problem with the mouse drawing routine only exists in TOS
1.00 and 1.02.

For TOS v1.00 we seem to be disabling VDI mode.

And for 1.02 we've got a TOS patch (see pMouseOpcode in tos.c).

Could you add a comment telling that this TOS patch is for
VDI emulation?