|Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 09:48:25 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=x2q1Zp3za/CE/RfqFIaDro8m54q1AmgDL+N1vnpCXZ8=; b=qoexH8gFtBQVc2txl9E9pdM51lIfu+B2VSZEb3vi4bGqxXuWW7jgyrmlJHL2UTqWNa VB/zD14LILFMgPtHUU/3qK//FFRCk6E0D0jeEoC+A6t7s4IQmxW2VfLQCmYb9dHTLvr0 UfKaFMDnZS3vWmx4loEKGBA3fYM+hqEaerUeYGJfuvkoBymJiV8dvnN/bgSvHTxhxSiA AIoQ1WAPcwYlJQbmovxR67fI4hX7O1Ht0gMDhArFwHSbemx2FRV+Uv89usHmLUOUBkgr V8GIu+LN7/LrqjrNZjN10wLy0qt7vt4MWLHMYsWcpvIk3/Nooxz0Q5G5OfhTtycoqDpI F2Xw==
On 15/04/2018 at 08:33, Vincent Rivière wrote:
With proper traces in YM emulation, I guess we could understand why that
After having added some traces...
If I'm not mistaken, the 7 KHz artifact appears when Lethal Xcess sets the
period of voice C to 0 (by writing 0 to YM registers 4 and 5), while keeping
the voice enabled (register 7).
This might be a Lethal Xcess bug. AFAIK, such mode should only be enabled to
play samples. Maybe some leftover of ST digidrums.
I'm not sure what is supposed to happen on real ST in that case.
In sound.c, function Sound_WriteReg().
I cases 4 and 5:
As a test, I forced "ToneC_per = 0;".
In that case, the music disappears, but the high-pitched artifact remains!
So the issue is definitely somewhere near that place.
Finally, I'm not sure if there is really a problem with STe DMA...
But with the lack of YM digidrums on STe, certainly.
I'm sorry, the problems goes beyond my understanding of Hatari code, and I
have no more time...
But I'm sure we are now looking to the right direction.