|Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 20:35:30 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=3lZ5DdzIB575/u9+VkrBcaxXZuyjM51Yak7zS/LCxAs=; b=o91lx7pLUrZFt3/sI56Du4ZLGD1NAG8LWOqWI1quN7zL+Ape0X4LD4vzxKgXA26Xik Pp+CReVg0VDd0AGxejuAJK8XfKDsszQzbHboxyZmLZB8QvnoBS66PjIN8VswZCGPFgxi j7K0myV3LWDLWkVo3by3pZQTPF5ZCVzS/SNMWYYtbBj09vuBod95IoPjG7UPIJbsqelR q6XKT19bROzQPdRA/htxcVRhmu1R8z5yOswz6KIxKhRU1z2mcczO5oylHjMs54Wn8I8F oPoG4LqSe2LZWLAij4o4AEkmt1YORjEMe46AoaENiWfebTkuyYO/7VQ/K6JPK1WNnmAt Ojkg==
On 14/04/2018 at 18:56, Vincent Rivière wrote:
NB: The only sane possibility would be that DmaSnd_GenerateSamples() trashes
the YM sound by some side effect.
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how
improbable, must be the truth."
And he was again right.
In dmaSnd.c, I have commented out all changes to MixBuffer().
It results in no digidrums, but artifact still present.
Near line 574:
MonoByte = DmaSnd_FIFO_PullByte ();
If I replace that to "MonoByte = 0", the artifact disappears.
As I understand:
- disabling DMA mixing does not change anything
- but stopping *reading* DMA data fixes the issue
How is it possible?