Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound

On 14/04/2018 at 18:56, Vincent Rivière wrote:
NB: The only sane possibility would be that DmaSnd_GenerateSamples() trashes the YM sound by some side effect.

Sherlock Holmes:
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

And he was again right.

In dmaSnd.c, I have commented out all changes to MixBuffer().
It results in no digidrums, but artifact still present.

Near line 574:
MonoByte = DmaSnd_FIFO_PullByte ();

If I replace that to "MonoByte = 0", the artifact disappears.

As I understand:
- disabling DMA mixing does not change anything
- but stopping *reading* DMA data fixes the issue

How is it possible?

--
Vincent Rivière