Re: [hatari-devel] Where to find a good version of the phaleon démo?

Great thanks.

I've updated my version with demozoo files and it works like a charm now.

Regards
Laurent

Le 08/04/2018 à 18:15, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 08/04/2018 à 11:44, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I confirm it crashes with normal loader ; would need to look at it more closely to see where this comes from (could be a bad disk image also)

Laurent, this really looks like you used a wrong image.

If you use the one linked from demozoo https://demozoo.org/productions/73226/ it should work fine.

I also had a different version from yours on my HD, don't remember where I downloaded it but the files are named
[Various]-Phaleon Gigademo (Disk n).msa

This version also works correctly under Hatari. None of these 2 versions are patched, so the protection is correctly handled by Hatari too.

It's not rare that the version on the pouet.net page is not correctly dumped ; those were some very early dump and I think people didn't check them back then because no emulator supported them.

There're many different versions of disk 1 for this demo, because during the reset part it was possible to write your own message on disk