Re: [hatari-devel] Very slow emulation when enabling Cycle Exact

Le 14/02/2018 à 23:10, Miro Kropáček a écrit :
On 15 February 2018 at 05:03, Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vernet.jerome@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Yeah, that's what I can see here: fill_prefetch_030,
    fill_prefetch_030_ntx are using most of the CPU (about 70 %).

Well, the obvious question is then... any chance we could get an option to disable the cache? I mean, many of us have been using Aranym for years for development and it doesn't have any cache whatsoever, so it's perhaps not much needed for classic development. For counting cycles, cache misses etc, sure, but that that's when I would enable profiler = even more slowness anyway.

It's already there : don't use "prefetch / more compatible" nor "cycle exact" modes. Also don't enable MMU if you don't really need it, as it has huge impact on performances too.