Re: [hatari-devel] Feature request/idea: cycle counting

On 1 February 2018 at 09:46, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cpu video_cyc= 40780 332@ 79 : 00014566 224c                     MOVEA.L A4,A1
cpu video_cyc= 40784 336@ 79 : 00014568 d2dd                     ADDA.W (A5)+ [1530],A1

the value after video_cys is the global cycle position since the start of the current VBL. So here we can see that "MOVEA.L A4,A1" takes 40784-40780 cycles.
This works well as long as all the instructions are in the same VBL.

Is that the kind of values you're looking for ?
In a less cryptic way, yes. ;) So you see, it's already there! I could live with trace cpu_disasm instead of having it in the disasm view, it just needs some polishing (to be honest, I had no idea what those numbers mean).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org