Re: [hatari-devel] Feature request/idea: cycle counting

On 31 January 2018 at 10:25, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hatari already provides that info:
https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#Investigating_the_profile_data

That's true  but this is not what I'm after, at least the use case is different here -- I'm not after profiling of existing code. I just want to write something and know which variant is the fastest without looking into instruction timing tables. Sure, I can do that via the profiling feature but it's so time consuming that it's easier to look it up in the docs, especially if I want to compare one or two instructions. :)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org