Re: [hatari-devel] ACSI emulation - data transfer rate

On 15 Jan 2018 at 14:14, Roger Burrows wrote:

> For EmuTOS-related reasons, I just measured the data transfer rate of an
> emulated ACSI disk.  On my not-very-fast Linux system, it's about 5 times the
> maximum rate observed on real hardware (6400kB/sec vs 1300kB/sec), so
> presumably there is no attempt to emulate real hardware speeds in this area?

Just a follow-up to this.  I just (re)found a reference in official Atari
documentation about ACSI speeds.  In the "Atari ACSI/DMA Integration Guids"
(June 28, 1991), on p.6, it says:
"Data may be transferred at a maximum rate of 1.25 million bytes per second
...."

Roger