Re: [hatari-devel] symbols not always loaded when entering debugger ?

Le 12/11/2017 à 19:57, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
As far as I see, they should be loaded also with exceptions,
if they get get loaded with normal debugger invocation.

Could you provide me with your test program?

Unfortunately, I fixed the 3 bombs error in the meantime ; I tried to "restore" the bug, but I made too much changes since then, so I can't provide the crashing program :(

But I think you could get the same behaviour with a compiled C code that would do a "div by 0" for example. It should crash an invoke the debugger.

(Only reasons not loading symbols should be some error in handling
the symbol table, for which you would get a warning, or if Hatari
cannot locate the program i.e. if it hasn't been loaded through
GEMDOS HD.)

The program is started in the same context in both cases, the only difference is if I go to debugger myself before the crash (symbols are loaded) or if the crash happens first (no message about loading symbol). Maybe a difference between pressing alt+gr and calling the debugger function directly from cpu emulation ?

Also, now that debugger is aware of terminal's size, could it be possible to display more than only 8 symbols at once and "--- q to exit listing, just enter to continue ---" but to display one full page each time ?

As mentioned by Otto, and documented in release-notes.txt, you need
to remove your current nDisasmLines / nMemdumpLines setting values
(which force pager to page 8 lines), or set them to negative value.

Yes, I can change nDisasmLines / nMemdumpLines, but 8 lines was a good setting for these 2 for me. Could it be possible to add a separate nSymbolLines setting ?