Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

Le 16/06/2017 à 22:50, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Hm.  I'm doing builds with DebugRelease (-O2), but when I switched to
Release (-O3) build type, I do get the warning too.

Anyway, it's still a bug in GCC warnings code.

(And not the first one. Earlier GCC showed a *lot* of bogus warnings
because warnings checks were done before most of the optimization
passes which actually analyze whether given situation can actually
happen.)

I agree, but since people compiling Hatari (individual or distrib maintainers) are more likely to compile in "release" mode, I think we should remove as much warnings as possible, even if that's due to a lack of "cleverness" from the compiler.

I'm seeing a lot of warnings also from FPU emulation and single warnings
from sound.c, custom.c & gencpu.c.

mostly everything in cpu/ comes from WinUAE, which uses a different compiler. I try to not change original winuae's code as it makes merging harder later. In the case of cpu/ there's extra flags in cmakefile to ignore those warnings (they should be updated for recent fpu changes)

As for sound.c, it's due to new sound rendering (see other thread) and old unused code was kept for now to rapidly switch between methods.