Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 06/17/2017 12:08 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 16/06/2017 à 22:50, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hm.  I'm doing builds with DebugRelease (-O2), but when I switched to
Release (-O3) build type, I do get the warning too.

Anyway, it's still a bug in GCC warnings code.

(And not the first one. Earlier GCC showed a *lot* of bogus warnings
because warnings checks were done before most of the optimization
passes which actually analyze whether given situation can actually
happen.)

I agree, but since people compiling Hatari (individual or distrib
maintainers) are more likely to compile in "release" mode, I think we
should remove as much warnings as possible, even if that's due to a lack
of "cleverness" from the compiler.

Done.

I'm seeing a lot of warnings also from FPU emulation and single warnings
from sound.c, custom.c & gencpu.c.

mostly everything in cpu/ comes from WinUAE, which uses a different
compiler. I try to not change original winuae's code as it makes merging
harder later. In the case of cpu/ there's extra flags in cmakefile to
ignore those warnings (they should be updated for recent fpu changes)

Maybe ask Toni to fix them and/or send him a patch?

As for sound.c, it's due to new sound rendering (see other thread) and
old unused code was kept for now to rapidly switch between methods.