Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 05/24/2017 10:50 PM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
On 05/24/2017 12:50 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 23/05/2017 à 18:40, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
On 05/22/2017 04:06 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 22 May 2017 at 1:46, Eero Tamminen wrote:
I started to look into this but run into a problem.

Nicolas, I've now implemented preliminary support for this with
--tos-res option.

It works with ST/STE/TT TOS versions, but not yet with TOS v4 nor
EmuTOS.

thanks, just tested it and it worked.

But maybe you could use some text (low/med/high) for this options, maybe
for stf/ste mode ?

And for TT modes?

Or at least use values 0-2 instead of 1-3 (which is the HW value of reg
$ff8260) and xbios also uses 0-2 (eg in xbios(4) "getres" or xbios(5)
"setscreen")

The values are ones TOS is using (document in ATARI TOS DESKTOP SURVIVAL KIT). Exact values are listed in the option help.

For now it's number for easier testing.  I can change it to
strings before finishing & documenting it.

Next week I'll probably look into VDI modes, then into EmuTOS
and Falcon TOS support.

VDI modes support has now been moved over into this, EmuTOS
(>= v0.9.7) is supported, --tos-res can be used without
autostarting and if there's existing INF file, that is used
as base instead of builtin one.

I'd like as many to test this as possible, in case there
are problems e.g. with pre-existing INF files.

Btw. I'm not sure I will add Falcon support. It seems to require
a lot of debugging and setting different values, which I assume
need also to be done separately for EmuTOS.

One more feature I *could* add, is opening window to the correct
drive for builtin INF files, now that both boot drive types
(A: & C:) are supported for INF file overloading.