Re: [hatari-devel] Apple keyboard + SDL2

please do not use keymap.zip.   -First it contains two errors.
-Second the only TOS that seems not compatible, is emuTos !
-Third, this is Apple specific, so its code must be in gui-osx (I'll do). Minimum of code in C source !
-Forth, Apple can have keyboard qwerty, qwertz, and other and I want to plan it.

First sentence in Hatari site is
"Hatari is an Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator for GNU/LINUX,BSD,Mac OS X, Windows and other systems ...."
So it will be better if Apple keyboards are usable.
 Miguel

Questions:   on windows or Linux
 Is it possible to reach all the visible characters on a keyboard Atari?
 Modifier Alt has effect ?  and  Shift+Alt  ?

Because I use Apple machine, I modified "Symbolic" in keymap.c. So, compiling hatari with Xcode, keymap.c becomes automatically correct for Macbook Pro keyboard with or without numerical keyboard. I added a macro which permits to experiment conversion character->scan-code. Compiled with Xcode, keyboard is AZERTY-fr. You can add other layout.
Compiled under linux or windows, nothing has changed.  Test of that: MegaSTE + Tos2.06 and I use SDL2 .

Two difficulties I don't know solve:
 Key  @ #  does not exist on Atari keyboard and becomes  # |
 None character having  Alt modifier in its key combination can  be obtained. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

Modified keymap.c is below. I can supply a compiled Hatari (10.7 ... 10.12).
Miguel

<keymap.zip>