Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On Thursday 06 April 2017 00:03:06 Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Failing address is blitter halftone register, so obviously
> it will give errors on ST.  Does above function have
> something to do with screen updates, and with autostarting
> TOS 2 somehow mistaking ST for STE?  Or is NULL in A0
> when the function is called just TOS 2 bug?

That null in A0 is not bug, if you look at the function you see that it is
explicitly set to 0 at $00e014e2. Don't ask me why, but they sometimes access
the blitter like that. You will also see that the bus-error handler was set to
an address inside the function to catch it. That function is called from
Blitmode(), to detect wether a blitter is present. Blitmode just starts before
this function, at $00e014b4. Obviously the desktop tries to activate the
blitter there, according from the setting from desktop.inf.