Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 04/01/2017 12:00 PM, Miro Kropáček wrote:
As you're not using "--auto" option, this means that you need
to be in the directory where the APP resides and it equals to
to "-d . --auto C:\HDDRUTIL.APP".

Oh, true. This:

hatari --acsi 0=hd80mb.image --gemdos-drive K --auto 'K:\HDDRUTIL.APP' .

really works, amazing! It's tricky not to forget the last dot. :)

Maybe it's easier to remember if you use the "--harddisk <path>"
(or -d) option instead?

TOS bombing out after *.INF autostart, isn't that strange,
old TOS versions seem to do that always.

See also doc/todo.txt part about autostart.

I'm wondering
whether AHDI has any impact with your newer TOS version...

I'm not sure I'm following

While HDDRUTIL is HD Driver tool, Hatari's hd80mb.image example
has AHDI driver pre-installed.  Which driver you have installed
on your image?

 -- if I set 'auto' manually (command line
contains just the acsi image, no gemdos drive) in the desktop and reboot,
everything is fine. If I use either K:\HDDRUTIL.APP or just HDDRUTIL.APP (I
copied the file to the ACSI image, too) from command line, it seems to
crash after first key press. This seems like something goes wrong in the
gemdos emulation.

Does same happen if you use floppy image (with HDDRUTIL)
instead of ACSI image?

See above, as soon as GEMDOS HD is out of game, everything is OK.

I tried following:
hatari -m --acsi hd80mb.image -d hddr904/ --gemdos-drive k --auto "K:\HDDRUTIL.APP"

I.e. HDDRUTIL from HD Driver v9.04, and it autostarted fine
with all the TOS versions & machine types I tested.  Same
thing with 9.02 demo version.

It just complained about missing XHDI and SCSI drivers and
recommended me to run HD Driver first.  With EmuTOS it actually
showed the list of partitions.

So, it's not completely clear to me what works and doesn't
work for you.  Could you provide:
* the full command lines of both cases
* exact steps of what you do in case that does works
* gemdos trace of the failing case
* your exact machine setup
?