Re: [hatari-devel] correct ?

Am Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:51:41 +0200
schrieb Cocoa Pod <cocoa.pod@xxxxxxx>:

> Bonsoir,
> Please, what I have to think of that ?
>
> MegaSTE TOS206fr, 4 Mib, 16 MHz, VDI 800x600 4 colors, No HD, I get:
>
> Black is yellow as you see !

Yeah, it's always been like that - I think TOS only sets the 16 colors
palette during boot (since it only boots in low resolution by default),
and this is not suitable for 4 colors.
We'd need some TOS patches for this in tos.c, but so far nobody really
cared yet (since 16 colors are better and working fine), so I guess
this will remain a "know bug" forever ;-)

> Adding HD GEMDOS I get:
>
> Black is black (you can sing it) but horizontal size of scroller
> seems curious.

When you enable GEMDOS HD, Hatari can patch the NEWDESK.INF file on
that disk, so TOS knows that is has to "switch" to 4 colors mode, and
so you get the right colors here.

Not sure about your scroller size problem, though, that looks really
strange ... I think that might be a side-effect of the font size
adjustment patch that we've included last November ... Thorsten, if
you've got some spare minutes, could you please have a look?