Re: [hatari-devel] New option --disable-video and --benchmark

Le 24/02/2017 à 19:58, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

On 02/24/2017 12:03 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 23/02/2017 à 21:22, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
On 02/23/2017 08:16 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
As it's now, I'd rather remove the config file support,
as a potential source of user bug reports (when it gets
enabled & saved there by accident).

I'm lost, which config file option are you talking about ?
--disable-video is not saved to the config file (on purpose)

Sorry, my mistake.  I somehow though that as you added it
to ConfigureParams (unlike benchmark setting), it would
be also saved to config file.  I think everything else
in ConfigureParams is saved to Hatari config file.

Hi

See below, it's not in the config file now, but maybe it could be added later.

 --disable-video : don't refresh the screen during emulation. Emulated
screen is still updated into Hatari's internal buffer, but the
result is
never displayed on screen through SDL calls.

You've documented the option as:
    --disable-video <bool> Run emulation without displaying video

For consistency with other options, I think it should be either:
    --disable-video
or
    --video <bool>

I thought about this, but --video sounded too generic to me, but why
not, I have no opinion on this.

I would actually prefer --disable-video.

I'd rather keep --disable-video <bool>, because I think it could be added to the config file later (for people that don't / can't use the command line option). But maybe sometime you put a default value in the config file, but you want to override it later on the command line.