Re: [hatari-devel] FPU update

Am 07.02.2017 um 18:10 schrieb Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Ok the archive has been updated - fpudtest.tos has changed, the rest is
>>> the same. This fixes the issue with 96bit operand printing.
>>
>> Thanks. Screenshot attached again, same 3 errors but operands seems to
>> make more sense now :) Also all following tests pass.
>
> All tests pass now in softfloat mode. More difficult tests required :)
> (Latest update is now in winuae git repository)

I'm not sure if there are any remaining problems in 6888x emulation. I am thinking about what could be tested, but most things have been tested through Douglas' great test utility and some things have been tested by Toni separately.
I think 68040 might be incorrect for some conditions, especially related to nonmaskable overflow and underflow exceptions (inexact bit set, where it shouldn't). But it that makes more sense to test and fix that while adding 68040 arithmetic exception handling.
So what is next? We need a SoftFloat routine to convert between extended precision and packed decimal floats! This is commonly used, but quite faulty with native floats. Any ideas?