Re: [hatari-devel] Binliner Preview (demo Falcon) works with Hatari 2.0

Le 18/01/2017 à 20:06, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Hi,

I've tested Binliner preview
<http://jfhaslam.atari.org/downloads/bin_vga.zip> with hatari 2.0 as I
was surprised to read it doesn't work in the compatibility list.
I remenber to have watched it with a previous version of hatari.
I managed to have it work by using no prefetch, no cycle exact, no MMU
in the CPU settings.

There are many demos that don't run with the new core when prefetch mode
is on or when cycle exact is on, whereas they work well with the basic
configuration.

I've spoken with MKM who did a nice demo at the Sillyventure 2k16 and
his demo runs well under hatari only in basic mode.
There are glitches on his 3d cube when using prefetch/cycle exact.

He thinks it's because he use some self modifying code.
But it works well on the real hardware.

Hi

I think I found the cause for the crashes when using CE / prefetch mode, there's a bug in the prefetch code for some branch instructions (Bcc/DBcc) in WinUAE and this can cause instr-cache inconstancies when self modified code is used.

With a quick fix, I can now run "A RH Positive" by TSCC, so I think it should fix most of the programs not working in CE/prefetch.

I will report this to Toni and merge his official change into Hatari.