Re: [hatari-devel] Binliner Preview (demo Falcon) works with Hatari 2.0

Le 04/02/2017 à 14:50, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I think I found the cause for the crashes when using CE / prefetch mode,
there's a bug in the prefetch code for some branch instructions
(Bcc/DBcc) in WinUAE and this can cause instr-cache inconstancies when
self modified code is used.

With a quick fix, I can now run "A RH Positive" by TSCC, so I think it
should fix most of the programs not working in CE/prefetch.

I will report this to Toni and merge his official change into Hatari.

Fix is pushed in dev tree. The 68030 instr cache could get mixed with the 68020 cache (when using DBcc or Bcc instructions), which resulted in wrong prefetch and possible crash in program using self modified code or depending on the packer/unpacker used on these programs.

I checked that the following demos crashed before and are now working in prefetch / CE mode :

Echos, E.X. Illusion, Hmmm, Autowaschen Verboten, Dan's Lustiges Kinderfest, Warum, Cycedelic knockout, A Rh positive, Virtual City, Boom Preview

I was not able to test the other games in the compat list with similar problem (I don't have them), feel free to test them and update doc accordingly.