[hatari-devel] Functional tester for 68881/2 FPUs

I just posted this up on AF today - a fidelity/correctness test for FPUs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12947585/fputest.zip

Obviously it fails some tests on Hatari because emulation is virtualized a bit (?) by handing calculations to the host FPU. I'm posting this here in case it turns out to be useful for improving emulation or finding bugs. I noticed some time ago that rounding modes are not correct in Hatari but not sure about the rest - if those are just fine precision differences or actual bugs.

At the very least it might be used for regression checking since you can record expectations from a revision of the code and then test against them using newer builds.

If its any use I'll link source for it (it's a small asm program with some tables).

BFN

Doug.