Re: [hatari-devel] Functional tester for 68881/2 FPUs

Le 03/11/2016 à 18:51, Douglas Little a écrit :
I just posted this up on AF today - a fidelity/correctness test for FPUs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12947585/fputest.zip

Obviously it fails some tests on Hatari because emulation is virtualized
a bit (?) by handing calculations to the host FPU. I'm posting this here
in case it turns out to be useful for improving emulation or finding
bugs. I noticed some time ago that rounding modes are not correct in
Hatari but not sure about the rest - if those are just fine precision
differences or actual bugs.

At the very least it might be used for regression checking since you can
record expectations from a revision of the code and then test against
them using newer builds.

If its any use I'll link source for it (it's a small asm program with
some tables).

BFN

Doug.

Hi

thanks, that's certainly very helpful for Hatari tests.

Regarding the precision / rounding difference, WinUAE's fpu contains some code to set the host fpu operating mode closer to motorola's fpu (by using specifing asm code path for intel cpu for example)

It's not used yet, but I plan to enable this later (for now, Hatari doesn't use that much of specific intel/arm/others asm optimisations in WinUAE).

Toni, is it possible to get an exact behaviour like 68881/2 fpu with those asm calls, or did you measure a percentage of accuracy compared to default settings of the host's FPU ?