Re: [hatari-devel] Keyboard mappings?

On 03.11.2016 09:44, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 03/11/2016 à 09:26, Thomas Huth a écrit :
>> On 02.11.2016 00:43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Thanks, I missed these.  They seem to work fine (with SDL2 build).

>>> Would you have time to fix this and update the Hatari
>>> manual page & manual?
>>
>> I currently don't have really time, but I pushed a patch now (not very
>> well tested, though). Note that I've did it as described in the
>> manual.html, not as in the man-page: PRINT is now always mapped to HELP,
>> and PAGE UP/DOWN to the KP braces. I remembered that there was actually
>> a reason for mapping PRINT to HELP: ALT-HELP is often used to trigger a
>> print action in Atari programs, so the PRINT key fits better for the
>> HELP key.
>>

> Hi
>
> just tried to compile and there's a problem with SDL1
> (if you run ./configure --disable-sdl2 ) :
>
> Building C object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/keymap.c.o
> /home/npomarede/src/test/src/keymap.c: Dans la fonction
> âKeymap_PcToStScanCodeâ:
> /home/npomarede/src/test/src/keymap.c:469:8: erreur : âSDLK_SCROLLâ
> undeclared (first use in this function)
>    case SDLK_SCROLL:   return 0x61;  /* Undo */
>         ^
> SDLK_SCROLL is not defined in /usr/include/SDL/SDL_keysym.h

Yes, sorry, that should have been SDLK_SCROLLOCK instead - I pushed a
patch already.

> Also, I don't find this key on my laptop keyboard, neither on my desktop
> PC, is that supposed to be the "pause" key ?

No.

> So, according to SDL2 pause and scrolllock would be 2 different keys ?

Yes. It's normally the key between PRINT and PAUSE. Looking at
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Clavier_ergonomique.JPG
the key is called "Arret defil" in french?

Unfortunately, it is not available on modern laptop keyboards anymore
(but I still have it on my external keyboard). But there's normally a
magic shortcut to trigger this key on laptop keyboards, e.g. on my
Lenovo T440, I have to push Fn + k to get a SCROLL LOCK key press.
Just try to google for you laptop type together with the keyword "SCROLL
LOCK" - I hope there will be one for your laptop, too.