Re: [hatari-devel] Keyboard mappings?

Le 03/11/2016 à 09:26, Thomas Huth a écrit :
On 02.11.2016 00:43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On 11/01/2016 11:13 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
I think there is/was a reason for mapping PAGEUP to 0x63 and PAGEDOWN to
0x64 ... if you have a closer look at the Atari keyboard, there are
four keys that can not be found on a normal PC keyboard: HELP, UNDO,
KP-"(" and KP-")". So on a PC keyboard, they should be mapped to keys
that can not be found on a normal Atari keyboard - SCROLLOCK, PRINT,
PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN.

The symbolic mapping uses:

 SCROLLOCK <=> UNDO (0x61)
 PRINT     <=> HELP (0x62)

Thanks, I missed these.  They seem to work fine (with SDL2 build).

 PAGEUP    <=> KP-"(" (0x63)
 PAGEDOWN  <=> KP-")" (0x64)

==> If you change PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN here, you should change SCROLLOCK
and PRINT, too.

The SDL1 scancode mapping uses:

 PAGEUP     <=> HELP (0x62)
 PAGEDOWN   <=> UNDO (0x61)

Scroll lock and print are mapped via scancode offset here, not sure
whether they end up with a sane Atari key, though...

The SDL2 scancode mapping uses:

 SCROLLLOCK <=> UNDO (0x61)
 PRINT      <=> HELP (0x62)
 PAGEUP     <=> HELP (0x62)
 PAGEDOWN   <=> UNDO (0x61)

==> So the keypad parentheses can not by typed at all here. We should
likely change SCROLLOCK and PRINT here, too.

Would you have time to fix this and update the Hatari
manual page & manual?

I currently don't have really time, but I pushed a patch now (not very
well tested, though). Note that I've did it as described in the
manual.html, not as in the man-page: PRINT is now always mapped to HELP,
and PAGE UP/DOWN to the KP braces. I remembered that there was actually
a reason for mapping PRINT to HELP: ALT-HELP is often used to trigger a
print action in Atari programs, so the PRINT key fits better for the
HELP key.

Hi

just tried to compile and there's a problem with SDL1
(if you run ./configure --disable-sdl2 ) :

Building C object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/keymap.c.o
/home/npomarede/src/test/src/keymap.c: Dans la fonction âKeymap_PcToStScanCodeâ: /home/npomarede/src/test/src/keymap.c:469:8: erreur : âSDLK_SCROLLâ undeclared (first use in this function)
   case SDLK_SCROLL:   return 0x61;  /* Undo */
        ^
SDLK_SCROLL is not defined in /usr/include/SDL/SDL_keysym.h

Also, I don't find this key on my laptop keyboard, neither on my desktop PC, is that supposed to be the "pause" key ?

But in /usr/include/SDL2/SDL_scancode.h , we have :

    SDL_SCANCODE_PRINTSCREEN = 70,
    SDL_SCANCODE_SCROLLLOCK = 71,
    SDL_SCANCODE_PAUSE = 72,
    SDL_SCANCODE_INSERT = 73,

So, according to SDL2 pause and scrolllock would be 2 different keys ?