Re: [hatari-devel] Regression in 2.0.0 RC1

Le 27/10/2016 à 20:39, David Savinkoff a écrit :

LMC1992 Data Sheet: ("General Description" p.1 para.3)
'Volume and fader are at minimum and tone controls are flat
when supply voltage is first applied.'

Hatari should (and probably does) set the fader registers to zero,
and each of the bass+treble registers to 6 on a cold start.
Reset does not affect the LMC1992 registers as the LMC1992
has no reset line.

Hi

Hatari already handles the lack of reset line, so all LMC values are kept after a warm reset.

As for the value after a cold reset, volume are set to minimum and bass/treble to 6, so we're OK with the doc (I used this datasheet too to choose the default values in Hatari)

OTOH, I don't think the sound problem is related to LMC, because LMC changes volume for both YM and DMA sound output, so when LMC mixes YM and DMA, it's not possible that volume would be 0 for DMA and not for YM.

So, the cause is more likely to be in the DMA counters.