Re: [hatari-devel] Fix for Falcon's noisy sound

I've given a quick try to the DSP sound and it works nice too.

More tests tomorrow.

Le 06/10/2016 à 00:32, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 06/10/2016 à 00:27, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
At least, I've tested with my current work and I can tell you that it's
impressive.
There's no more glitch in sound. The falcon emu has a major update now
for 2.0

I'll test DSP sound, and other case to be sure there's no regression,
but at a first try, it's a perfect patch.

Thanks a lot Nicolas.

Hi

regarding DSP sound, it should not break it, but it should not improve it either. In the case of MP2/MP3 replay using the DSP for audio decoding then we still need better cycle counting at the moment in Hatari, else program relying on precise cpu/dsp timing will not work correctly.

So, fix is for DMA sound only, but it should cover most of the use cases in games/demos.