Re: [hatari-devel] DMA sound and Falcon

Le 11/09/2016 à 19:17, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Hi,

The sound become noisy after some seconds and then, return to clean
after the same amount of time.
It seems to be cyclic. clear sound -> degrades -> noisy sound -> becomes
better -> clear sound -> ...

Something I never added to the crossbar is that there are two 32 bytes
buffers for the sound (in and out).
I've got the schemas somewhere if someone need them.

I know you added 1 little buffer to the Ste DMA that you feed after each
hbl, but I don't understand exactly how you did it.

I wish this make sense.

I don't think that's related. The STE DMA sound FIFO was only needed for a few programs requiring very strict timings, but it was not related to the frequency computation, it was required for program that monitor the current dma address.

I think I was very careful with the frequencies conversions (int to frac
or rounding), but I'm sure your advise and 4 eyes looking can only
improve the code. ;)

I have no real explanation at the moment, I will first add some logs to better understand the difference between a good and a bad rendering.