Re: [hatari-devel] DMA sound and Falcon

Le 11/09/2016 à 18:54, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Hi,

Thanks Nicolas, That's fixed now.

I've noticed that sometimes sound unsynchronize and then later,
resynchronize (this generates noise and cracles in the sound).
With 1.7, if the sound was correct at the beginning, it stayed correct,
and if it was noisy at the beginning, it stayed noisy.

I never really had a look at the Falcon part, as I don't know the hardware that much (never had a Falcon or coded for it). But I remember we had some similar problems with STE DMA sound that sometimes sounded wrong and it was fixed by improving the frequency computation (ie the ratio between cpu freq, output freq on the OS and replay freq in emulation)

Maybe some similar changes need to be done in the Falcon part, I will try to isolate this using the simple program you sent me that just play a short sample in "ste dma" compatibilty mode.

For your info, some warnings :

Yes, I'm aware of those :) Will remove them soon, I need to clean some parts of video.c