Re: [hatari-devel] Interface and Hatari

----- Roger Burrows wrote:
> I'm using the Hatari 1.9.0 release version under Linux, built via cmake (I was
> using the default setup, so I assume I got the old UAE core).  Interface 2.30
> crashes during its startup on TOS 4.04, TOS 1.04 and EmuTOS.
>
> I'm not familiar with Hatari build options, but based on the info in the
> readme.txt file, I manually changed ENABLE_WINUAE_CPU from 0 to 1 in the
> CMakeLists.txt file, and rebuilt.  I have the same problem.  I couldn't see
> anywhere how to determine whether I'm using the new core.
>
> Does anyone have it running successfully on either core?  Am I building
> correctly?  How do I tell which core I'm using?
>
> Roger

Hi,
Here are my Hatari compiling notes, and a script for making a hatari
tarball from the current source code The script needs execute privilege.

1 ) Create a directory eg. /home/user/HG where 'user' is the existing user directory, and HG is my suggested directory name for Mercurial projects. I also have CVS SVN GIT for other internet accessible open source projects.

2 ) Extract hatari-1.8.0.tar.bz2 in /home/user/HG

3 ) Create a 'build' directory in /home/user/HG/hatari-1.8.0 --> /home/user/HG/hatari-1.8.0/build

4 ) cd /home/user/HG/hatari-1.8.0/build

5 ) Do the following to determine the best -march and -mtune for your computer:
gcc -march=native -Q --help=target ... | grep march

6 ) Change -march=core2 and -mtune=core2 in the following line to your settings from step 5:
cmake -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-march=core2 -mtune=core2 -O3 -pipe" -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="-Wl,--no-add-needed -Wl,--strip-all" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user/hatari ..

7 ) make install/strip
(This installs Hatari into /home/user/hatari see.-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user/hatari in step 6 above. This does not conflict with other Hatari installations unless they are in /home/user/hatari -- Note that all Hatari installations conflictingly use /home/user/.hatari for Hatari configuration.)

8 ) To run Hatari: /home/user/hatari/bin/hatari

9 ) To Unistall this Hatari build just delete /home/user/hatari and maybe /home/user/.hatari

* ) To compile the Experimental Falcon (hatari 1.9.0 and lower):
cmake -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-march=native -O3 -pipe" -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="-Wl,--no-add-needed -Wl,--strip-all" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user/hatari_falcon -DENABLE_WINUAE_CPU:BOOL=1 ..
make install/strip
/home/user/hatari_falcon/bin/hatari

* Instructions in step 6 will build Hatari with SDL2 and Falcon (new core) for hatari versions after 1.9.0