Re: [hatari-devel] Real time clock support

Le 06/04/2016 19:39, Roger Burrows a écrit :

The Mega uses the RP5C15, which is incompatible on a register level with the
chip used in the TT/Falcon.

you're right, as the mc146818a existed in 1984 I wrongly thought it was also in the mega st.
That's the TT and the Falcon which share this same chip.

The mega st has several registers dedicated to each unit in the rtc
(hor, minute, ...), while the falcon has a "select register" and a "data
register", but they're functionaly the same.

Then not all the MC146818A datasheet is implemented, but as it's
correctly documented it should not be too much a problem.

You'll need the RP5C15 datasheet.  I can email a PDF if you like.

it's ok, I found it on http://dev-docs.atariforge.org/.
current implementation doesn't support write or alarm mode for example.

If no one works on it, I will try to improve it, but it won't be before several weeks as I'm currently busy with video emulation.