Re: [hatari-devel] (patch) authors.txt

Le 24/02/2016 23:54, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 02/23/2016 02:39 AM, David Savinkoff wrote:
I would like to acknowledge the GPLv3 Steem emulator.
The patch is a suggestion.

I cannot tell whether Steven has contributed anything
to Hatari.  Quick search didn't show any mails from
"Steven Seagal" on any of the Hatari tuxfamily or earlier
BerliOS & Sourceforge mailing lists (i.e. within last ~10
years).  Is that the correct name to search for?

Hi

I don't think he was on some of our ML. I only saw him in atari-forum. I don't remember if he specifically pointed to some bugs in Hatari, it's more about broad discussions about emulation that could apply to Steem and/ot sometimes to Hatari.

Btw. I've never seen .STT images, are there any programs
/ demos, that wouldn't be available in other formats?

Not that I know ; this was an internal format made by steem author, something more evolved that basic .ST, because it could hold track, sector of different size and a few fdc specific format. An example of a demo that used it was the Union demo (which used 5 1024 bytes sectors and 1 512 bytes sectors). But it couldn't hold variable bit cells or fuzzy sectors, so many games' protection would not have worked anyway.

I think they dropped dev on STT format when STX/Pasti was released, because the later one superseded STT in all area. As such, I don't see the point of porting such format under Hatari.