Re: [hatari-devel] 4MB TT with WinUAE

On 02/13/2016 06:02 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 13/02/2016 13:56, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
On 02/09/2016 01:08 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 08/02/2016 23:52, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
PS. Starting TOS v3 with 4 MB bombs regardless of CPU core version.

If I enable some TT-RAM in addition of 4MB ST-RAM, it boots fine.

this is what I get with TT / TOS 3 :
  - if 24 bit addressing is checked, the prefetch and CE mode will give
2 bombs at boot, with or without MMU

  - if 24 bit adressing is not checked, the prefetch and CE mode will
work if MMU is not used.

Verified.

If MMU is used prefetch mode will still work,

For me, TT boots, but screen stays black until TOS gets to GEM desktop.

but CE mode will give the infinite loop you saw.

Yes.

In TT mode, 24 bit addressing should not be used; the TT had a 32 bit
68030, so limiting it to 24 bit can have unexpected effects (we can try
to make it work in 24 bit mode with a few hacks (mirroring IO registers
to their 32 bit equivalent) but that would not be a real HW case).

But currently Hatari defaults to 24-bit addressing, even with TT...

In the end, the non working mode is 32 bit adressing + CE + MMU, I will
have a look at this, some IO regs might be wrongly mapped.

Prefetch mode has also something funny in my case.