Re: [hatari-devel] TT version of 4getful by gwEm crashes with newer Hatari versions

On 02/09/2016 01:08 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 08/02/2016 23:52, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
It's only v1.9 and current Hatari WinUAE version with which
4getful TT-version bombs.  It starts fine with WinAUE version
from start of last summer, or current OldAUE Hatari version.

It works with WinUAE core too, if I disable *both* cycle-exact
and prefetch mode.

didn't have time yet to look at this, but it's on my never-ending todo
list for Hatari :)
[...]
PS. Starting TOS v3 with 4 MB bombs regardless of CPU core version.

If I enable some TT-RAM in addition of 4MB ST-RAM, it boots fine.

We would need to look at TOS memory detection, but this could be related
to not enabling the MMU in TT mode ?

Enabling MMU doesn't help.  Furthermore, TT emulation gets stuck
at boot, if both MMU and cycle-exact CPU mode are enabled
(regardless of whether TOS v3 or EmuTOS is used).  It gets
stuck before TOS checks memory at boot.

After that, Hatari does only this:
    36.88%   CycInt_SetNewInterrupt
    24.73%   CycInt_AcknowledgeInterrupt
    23.36%   Video_InterruptHandler_EndLine
     9.54%   CycInt_AddRelativeInterrupt
     2.32%   iack_cycle
     1.96%   Cycles_GetCounter

From user's point it's frozen because it doesn't process
input (which happens only at emulated VBL).

If I enable VDI mode in addition to MMU and cycle exact CPU
mode, then TT emulation boots up.