Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari plays all voices in phase

Le 21/12/2015 22:04, David Savinkoff a écrit :
----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 21/12/2015 21:06, David Savinkoff a écrit :
Hi,

I noticed on atari-forum that some people have found
a problem with the YM2149 sound.
I looked at the problem and wasn't able to nail it down,
so maybe someone can check the code too.

Here is the link:
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27521&sid=a0d1b43f0f66988900541b039ab5f6d4#p285292

Hi

I saw this message by troed too, but I don't see what "in phase" means.
Does it mean all 3 voices have the same square wave happening at the
same time if they are played at the same freq, instead of having 3
similar square wave, but each one with a random phase ?

I believe this is what is meant. The 'phase problem' must be subtle
in some way because:
1) I hear many demos that have a phasing effect (I did'nt test his demo).
2) The YM2149 code allows for phase shifts between channels.
3) I just examined and experimented with the YM2149 code.

Hi

unfortunately, the demo "Closure" using this tune was not released yet.

Troed, is there a downloadable version of the music ? Is this "assembly line" available here http://demozoo.org/parties/1517/#competition_12036 ?

If so, could you give an example position in the tune were the effect should be heard on real ST and is not correct under Hatari ?

Does the difference happens when using timer/sid effect in this tune, or just with plain ym2149 sound ?