[hatari-devel] Hatari plays all voices in phase

I noticed on atari-forum that some people have found
a problem with the YM2149 sound.
I looked at the problem and wasn't able to nail it down,
so maybe someone can check the code too.

Here is the link:
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27521&sid=a0d1b43f0f66988900541b039ab5f6d4#p285292

**** Atari-Forum Message: ****
Re: some questions about YM2149F vs emulators vs MIST

Postby troed » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:20 pm

    Hippy Dave wrote:The Atari ST sounds less bright than
    the STE.This is emulated by Hatari. If Hatari ever sounds
    different from a real Atari ST or STE, I would like to know.

There are several ways in which Hatari doesn't sound like an original
machine. The first version of 7an's song for our STNICCC demo
"Closure" had to be scrapped altogether. He wrote the song(s) in
Hatari which apparently always plays all voices in phase, while on
actual hardware they fall in and out of phase (sometimes cancelling
each other out completely). This is somewhat better emulated by SC68.

The other issue I only know the symptom of. In 7an's STNICCC music
competition entry SMBLYLINE has hi-hats that sound much lower on
real hardware than in Hatari.

/Troed