Re: [hatari-devel] Monochrome bug with latest Hatari

Le 28/12/2015 09:51, Thomas Huth a écrit :

patch tested, I confirm it's better. Regarding the main part, it's
indeed still broken, but maybe that's something else than the
conversion functions.

I haven't looked into it yet, but I guess the demo is using some video
tricks like writing to the screen counter registers during HBL. So that
needs to convert the buffer which is updated on each HBL instead of
converting the buffer in the ST RAM - i.e. replacing "VideoBase" in
above code with pSTScreen should basically fix this problem.
... but I'd like to double-check some possible issues first before
committing that, to make sure that there are no other problems left
(i.e. I first need some spare time for that).

Hi

the demo is indeed using timer B interrupts to change video address during display and create several area with different effects.

I had a look at the code, and the mono convert function won't work in that case, because it expects the screen to start at VideoBase and have a normal layout (which is OK for VDI). As you say, pSTScreen should be used instead, this intermediate buffer will be correctly filled each time Video_CopyScreenLineMono is called.

There's another mono demo that removes bottom border (not yet supported in Hatari) and in that case current code won't work either.