Re: [hatari-devel] PhotoChrome v6.2-pre

Le 02/11/2015 17:56, Anders Eriksson a écrit :

You are right in your assumptions that I've not seen these demos with
full borders visible on a real machine. I've used Hatari for development
and bug-tested on Atari without using the PAL frame grabber.

never trust Hatari :-p

- sh10 invitation : the DHS logo at the end looks good, the last 4
pixels are made with color 0, but this seems ok as this part doesn't
use the 224 byte line but a 230 line from what I can see.

The overscan is without stabilizer, so I've assumed it's 224 bytes. The
screenpointer is set every line so the width could actually be wider
without it being noticeable apart from the left border. Again I don't
have a PAL dump to check the far borders.

Here's a line of code from the overscan:

http://pastebin.com/umqjSnX0

In fact, the hi/lo switch to remove left border is done at the position that is used on STF to do a 230 byte line, not at the position used on STE to do a 224 byte line. This is why Hatari consider it's a 230 byte line and shift the whole line 4 pixels to the left, showing 4 color-0 pixel at the end of the line (instead of the 8 pixel shift for 224 byte line).

But as you say, since video address is set on each line, the stabilizer is not needed.

In that case where there's no stabilizer, I don't know if a real STE will show 4 real pixels at the end, or 4 color-0 pixels.

Let me know if some errors remain in some other demos.

If there's an OS X build some day, I'll have a look at more demos.
Great work!

If he has spare time, I guess Troed could provide a build with recent changes (it would be great to have only a build with the winuae cpu, so OSX people could also check that there's no regression with the new 68000 cycle exact mode)